Accounts Payable Specialist
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Clearwater, FL
Type: Contract with possible perm consideration
Hours: M-F 8:30am - 5pm
This customer: Provides Care and support when it is needed most and covers a lifespan, from the youngest to the oldest members of the community. Providing hospice care, palliative care and grief support to our Pinellas County community for more than 40 years is our privilege.
- Promotes and practices the hospice mission and values and follows all policies and procedures.
- Process and distribute daily mail for finance department. Scan invoices into digital document management system and complete workflow by entering all relevant data into appropriate systems.
- Review and analyze invoices for accuracy and identify discrepancies; take appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Process invoices and patient medical claims for payment on a daily basis.
- Print and process checks, obtain the appropriate signature(s) and mail them in timely manner.
- Process claim denials.
- Receive and answer inquiries from vendors regarding status in a professional manner.
- Consult with other affiliated company departments and colleagues regarding invoices for payment.
- Associates Degree required. Accounting or bookkeeping courses preferred.
- 2 years previous bookkeeping or accounting experience, with healthcare experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of professional experience and education may be considered as meeting the Education / Professional requirements.
- To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At SRG, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
- Proficiency with current accounting software and Netsmart EMR within 3 months of post-hire.
- Ability to accurately perform mathematical computations and audit data to detect errors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Excel and Outlook), database applications and Sage500
- Ability to keyboard 30 wpm.
- All general office equipment including personal computer, telephone, fax/copier/scanner and 10-key calculator. Microsoft Office Suite and Accounting Software.