Aerospace Design Engineer
Clemmons, NC 27012 US
Aerospace Design Engineer
Location: Clemmons, NC
Industry: Aviation / Manufacturing
Salary: $92k - $120k + potential bonus
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Responsible for conceptual design, sizing, and materials selection in civil/military aerospace for complex components, complete units, and portions of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering; or the equivalent direct and applicable experience in one of those fields may suffice.
- Experience in aerospace hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical design. Direct design experience with hydromechanical and/or electromechanical components preferred.
- Experience in Product Life Management (PLM) Systems and CAD Systems. Direct knowledge in SmarTeam and ProE/Creo preferred.
- Experience in design, layout, and analysis of hydraulics, control electronics, and electrical machines. Direct knowledge in Visio, Spice, Matlab, and Ansys software preferred.
- Experience in 3D printing/additive manufacturing and design.
- Effective time management.
- Effective project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effective communications in English with the ability to explain complex engineering principles in common language.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Due to ITAR requirements, all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Performs conceptual design of complex components complete units, and portions of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems. This may include sizing, performance prediction, structural definition, materials selection, and process selection. Minimal guidance, mainly relating to unusual design issues and customer interaction will be necessary.
- Conducts failure investigations and assists in troubleshooting of hydraulic pumps, motors, actuators, valves, and electric motor & controllers in a fast-faced production environment.
- Coordinates activities of the project team to accomplish tasks within schedule and budget constraints.
- Develops Qualification and Acceptance test plans.
- Interfaces with customer on a regular basis.
- Supports development and verification testing.
- Produces detailed proposals, in cooperation with the Manager, Project Engineering.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet development deadlines.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive outlook.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
- Physical demands: may require standing and active work up to 8 hours a day or sitting up to 8 hours a day or some combination of the two. May require lifting, pulling, and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keyword Searchstring: Contracting Manager, Contracts Management, Pricing and Proposals, FAR, Aerospace, Aviation, Government Contracting, ERP, Business Management, Manufacturing, Business Development