Wallops Island, VA US
Location: Wallops Island, VA
Industry: Department of Defense
Employment Type: Perm placement
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A&P License
- Requires a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant certification
- May require FCC GROL certification
- 4+ years of experience with P3 and/or C130 Aircrafts
- 5+ years of aircraft maintenance experience with fixed wing commercial, Government or DOD aircraft required.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
- Perform maintenance on aircraft, including avionics, mechanical systems, and/or ground support equipment.
- Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs.
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor.
- Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance.
- Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Enter in the maintenance records a detailed description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- The Aircraft Mechanic I may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Keyword search string: Aircraft, Maintenance, AP Mechanic, Airframe and Power Plant, Clearance, DoD, Electrical, Aerospace, Engineer, Engineering, Sheet Metal,
SRG Government Services is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.