Animal Care Technician
O'Fallon, MO 63366 US
Animal Care Technician:
- Title: Animal Care Technician
- Location: O Fallon, MO
- Industry: Life Science
- Salary: $36,400
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Benefits Include:
- 401K Plan with Company Matching
- Up to 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Up to 11.5 Paid Holiday Days
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Benefits are effective the 1st day of the month following your Start Date
Responsible for performing assessments of animal health and well-being, produce quality product following SOPs and Outlines of Production (OPs) while maintaining biosecurity. Train new animal care staff as needed.
- Perform general animal husbandry (cleaning, feeding, watering)
- Perform general cleaning of facility, upkeep, and disinfecting of rooms. Recycle chicken rooms following SOPs
- Perform various blood samplings and egg collection as scheduled.
- Perform artificial insemination during breed campaigns.
- Package and deliver product and samples to external shipping sites.
- Provide inventory tracking, including but not limited to feed tracking, irradiated shavings, lab supplies.
- Perform basic grounds maintenance as required.
- Complete required batch records, forms, and other paperwork associated with tasks completed. Ensure accurate documentation and paperwork is maintained.
- Operate power washer, building fogger, laboratory equipment, and incubators/hatchers as assigned.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly preventive maintenance, rounds, and cleaning.
- Perform routine cleaning of support rooms, equipment, and laundry.
- Communicate work-related information and concerns with the Management team.
- Properly dispose of general trash and hazardous waste.
- Understand and conform to applicable methods and SOPs; train new staff as requested.
- Perform routine necropsy as required.
- Respond to alarms quickly and efficiently.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.), or equivalent.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Valid driver s license with a good driving record.
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written. Self-motivated, dependable, flexible, and able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Able to lift or otherwise move 30-60 lbs.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Able to wear applicable personal protective equipment (PPE).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly wears protective clothing (scrubs, lab coats, safety glasses and gloves).
- Regularly required to use hands to pick up and hold birds, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to move about the production facilities and grounds, position self to work with birds and at times remain stationary.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.