Norwich, CT US
- Title: Assistant Controller
- Location: Norwich, CT
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: 100K and up based on experience
- Shift: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
- Employment Type: Direct Placement
As the Assistant Controller of a new company with 200+ employees, the individual in this role will play a significant part in building and managing the company's accounting infrastructure from the ground up. This will include providing input into the selection of software solutions, designing, and refining the accounting policies and processes of the new company, and supporting the onboarding of new team members as open positions are filled.
In this role, the Assistant Controller will work closely with upper management to understand the company's business goals and needs and develop F&A strategies that support these goals. The Assistant Controller will also be responsible for managing a team of F&A professionals, including hiring, training, mentoring, and performance evaluations.
Currently, this position will play a transformational role over a period of 6-8 months. The expectation is for the role to be heavily involved in the organization s development and aligning F&A strategy with business growth objectives. The role will involve managing, leading, and maintaining relationships with 3rd party vendors, contractors, and consultants. Additionally, the position must coordinate with other workstreams within the business to ensure a clean separation and standup into a new entity.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close including foreign currency translation
- Responsible for maintaining an appropriate internal control environment around the financial reporting, accounting, and close process
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Collaborate with the F&A leadership to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of revenues and expenses
- Supports annual budget and monthly forecasting activities
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Assist in the daily banking requirements and cash management
- Support tax management includes sales & use tax, statutory reporting, & VAT
- Oversight of fixed asset system and related depreciation/amortization activity
- ERP master data management
- Responds to inquiries from the F&A leadership and Company-wide executives
- Support overall department goals and objectives
- Complete special projects as needed
- Four to six years prior experience (with supervisory experience) in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- CPE certification is desired
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a high performance setting
- Advance computer skills using MS Office and accounting software
- Prior ERP implementation experience is desired
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.