SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Associate Scientist
- Location: Morrisville, NC.
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Shift M-F 8am 5:30pm - Onsite
- Salary: $35.00hr (Paid Weekly - Benefits Available)
- Employment Type: 3 Months - Contract to Hire
Environment: This client manufactures thousands of pharmaceutical, biologic, consumer health and beauty products utilizing superior and innovative drug delivery technologies to improve their value to patients and consumers. Our customer believes in a Patient First culture putting patients at the center of their work to ensure the safety, reliable supply and optimal performance of our products.
Under general supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required. Follows established protocols and work plans. May be assisted by laboratory technicians /assistants. Comply with divisional and site Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
Essential Job Experience:
- 1-3 years of GMP testing lab experience (QC, biologics, stability)
- Stability testing lab background is a plus
- Can keep pace & thrive in a high volume, high pace environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute laboratory work.
- Sample types include in-process, release and/or stability.
- Techniques include HPLC, Dissolution, Karl Fischer, Osmolality, Specific Gravity, Particulate Matter, Viscosity, pH, Disintegration, and Appearance.
- Under direction, or alongside a senior team member, may perform method validation or transfer activities.
- May draft technical documents such as methods or certificates of analysis.
- May become qualified to perform parallel or technical review of documents for accuracy, thoroughness, and regulatory compliance.
- Trains others on laboratory techniques.
- Assists in the execution of efficiency improvement project with guidance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs.
- Ability to learn and retain technical information.
- Proactively address work issues at both an individual level and a team level.
- Ability to execute procedures and methods and comply with all regulations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Mathematical and scientific reasoning ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strategy is focused on personal time management and efficiency.
- Well organized with ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Associate degree in Chemistry or closely related physical science.
- Bachelor s Degree with 1-3 years related experience.
- On an average 8-hour day, this position requires the ability to walk, sit and stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms at or above shoulder height and below waist height, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear, smell and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements including reading of written documents, visual inspection of materials and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
- May require the use of a respirator.