Associate Technical Specialist
Scientist / Associate Technical Specialist
Location: Syracuse, NY
Employment Type: Contract to perm
- Associate degree in computer science or environmental science and 1-3 years of related work experience. Experience can be used to substitute degree type.
- Chemistry and/or geology background preferred.
- Familiarity with data generated for environmental investigation/remediation projects preferred
- Experience using database software (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, EQuIS) to manage environmental investigation/remediation data. Specifically, experience with Access and Excel is required.
- Must be able to create queries of analytical data, and format data in excel spreadsheets. Attention to detail a must.
- Data specialist with computer skills in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with environmental rules and regulations is preferred
- Perform data entry from field forms into environmental database and/or Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Perform database queries and generate data tables/reports to be included in regulatory deliverables.
- Create boring logs and well construction diagrams using environmental database software.
- Perform quality assurance of data management procedures and quality control of analytical database to ensure data integrity and usability.
- Coordinate with laboratory and enter Chain of Custody records, Sample Delivery Groups, Electronic Data Deliverables to EIM database.
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team including GIS Specialists, GPS surveyors, environmental scientists, geologists, chemists, project managers, and health and safety professionals.
Keywords: technical specialist, MS Access, MS Excel, environmental data, database, EIM,