Business Development Manager
Houston, TX 77046 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE
Business Development Manager (West Coast)
Location: Remote from West Coast
Industry: Defense Manufacturing / Distribution
Base Salary: $100k - $110k Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- College degree highly preferred; proven track record and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of prior military or federal sales experience.
- 5 years of sales management experience.
- Financial, business, and political acumen with an understanding of AbilityOne and Federal Supply business processes requirements.
- Analytical ability to read and interpret customer/project financials and sales results.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Frequent overnight travel required.
- Active and nearly daily communication with BDM team and BSC personnel in region and other members of corporate staff, customers and vendors.
- Supervise about six direct reports.
- Managing Manage a "pipeline" of customer prospects and projects within sales territories and assist the entire company with establishing and cultivating relationships with high level Key Decision Makers and contracting.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen customer & vendor relationships with profitable growth through large strategic accounts at the executive and Credit Card buyer level.
- Ensure through BDM team the research of potential customers in assigned territory, determining priorities, competition, and a sales and marketing strategy.
- Ensure through BDM team the identification of decision makers within targeted businesses, initiate contact with new prospects and establish a preliminary introductory relationship in collaboration with the District Manager and Customer Care Coordinators.
- Ensure through BDM team the continued and regular reaching out to each new prospects, anticipating questions, objections and roadblocks to present the company as the premier and complete Supply Partner of choice (Hunter skills).
- Ensure through BDM team the regular cadence of existing Customers to increase company s account penetration to achieve Sales and Profit goals. This includes developing in-depth and broad relationships within the command structures to secure our position and leverage additional opportunities (Farming skills).
- Provide mentoring and skill set training to BDM team to ensure skill sets are up to date.
- Work with and promote to BDM team existing AbilityOne agencies that purchase from the company to promote and increase sales of the company s manufactured products, as well as additional AbilityOne and or commercial virtual warehouse items.
- Have regular contact cadence with BSC leadership team regions and teams to ensure regular communication and alignment of goals.
- Ability to understand and exhibit company s Core Values.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Keywork Searchstring: Director of Business Development, BD, Defense Development, Government Contracting, Networking, Business Development Manager, Defense Manufacturing, Distribution, Logistics, Retail, Base Supply Centers, Visually Impaired, Ability One, AbilityOne,