Business Development Manager
Orlando, FL US
Location: Orlando, FL OR Frederick, MD OR San Antonio, TX
Employment Type: Permanent Placement
Pay: $100k - $125k/yr.
Travel: 25% - 35%
- Minimum 2 years experience in business development or sales activities.
- Minimum 3 years experience working for a Federal contractor in one of the following areas: business development, program operations, or bid and proposals
- Experience developing strategic collaborations
- Experience using SharePoint (or other document management system) and federal opportunity sourcing tools such as SAM.Gov, FedConnect, Deltek Govwin, etc.
- Excellent personal computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Visio, Project
- Experience with 8(a) Federal contracting methods preferred
- Experience with the Shipley Proposal Methods preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience within one or more of the following areas of expertise - Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and high yield Explosives, Logistics, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Data systems and data modernization, Public and population health, Biomedical/ Medical research and development
- Build corporate market position and identify, develop, define, and close Federal business opportunities in assigned portfolio.
- Develop, own, and execute a growth strategy for assigned domain, achieving sales and revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain an active pipeline of opportunities, and proactively identify new opportunities to meet strategic growth objectives both competitive targets and 8(a) sole source targets.
- Qualify opportunities using a wide variety of information and resources, to support a bid/no-bid review process.
- Pursue and secure strategic relationships with new customers and partners; maintain and mature existing relationships with customers and partners.
- Qualify and support the selection of teaming partners for opportunities and as required, support data calls to teaming partners related to capabilities statements, past performance, technical inputs, etc.
- Lead Bid & Proposal efforts for assigned domain - Collaborate with the proposal team to develop proposal response format and structure; act as a significant contributor to solution/offer development and writing strategy; lead and support the development of win themes; participate in the review process.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to cultivate new opportunities with existing customers.
- Lead and support responses to Federal/DoD market research / sources sought / Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Attend Industry Days and Pre-proposal conferences conducting meaningful networking with both customers and industry partners; gathering value-add intel surrounding forecasted opportunities and Government needs/trends.
Keyword: Proposal, Business development, growth, strategy, analyst, sales, contract, contracts, Shipley,