Billerica, MA 01821 US
Location: Billerica, MA
Industry: Defense / Manufacturing
Salary: $90-110k Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with programming CNC machines
- Experience with MasterCam as well as tool brands such as Mazak, Doosan, MORI
- Knowledge of metal alloys and usage within consumer and industrial products
- Strong knowledge of machining principles and GD&T
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to operate basic machines, read instructions and apply appropriate procedures
- Communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job
- Adapt to changing work environment, competing demands, able to deal with frequent change, delays, and unexpected events
- Able to work flexible hours including overtime and weekends to meet customer demands
- Develop machine programs for Mills/Lathes/Multi Axis Mills and Multi Axis Lathes/VTLs while collaborating with cross-functional teams comprised of machinists/operators, manufacturing engineers, production supervisors, supply chain representatives, quality engineers/inspectors, and operations/program management to support program schedule & performance goals, mitigate manufacturing risks, and improve operational efficiency.
- Development of machining strategy to take design data and produce machined hardware
- Develop manufacturing plans for high-volume production
- Design custom tools and fixtures as needed
- Develop set-up sheets to show alignment of geometry from CNC program to physical workpiece.
- Identify, select, and procure appropriate tooling for job specific applications (based on part material, geometry, features, tolerances, system rigidity, and equipment capability).
- Releasing programs to the production team that have been validated
- Own process improvement opportunities (reduced machining/setup time, improved part quality)
- Maintain configuration control of files and job records
- Safely working within an industrial environment
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: walk, sit, stand, bend, lift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, and move continually during work hours; vision abilities, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Lift over 50lbs along with over the head lifting. Personal protective equipment typically required to perform essential functions of the job include ANSI rated metatarsal shoes, safety glasses, and cut-resistant gloves.
Work Environment: The position operates in a manufacturing atmosphere. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those any employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: vibration or works near moving mechanical parts and high, precarious and congested places; occasionally exposed to risks of electrical shock; work on or near moving mechanical parts; exposed to prolonged risk of loud to moderate noise throughout the day. Hearing protection is recommended in all areas of the shop and is provided by the Company.
Keywork Searchstring: CNC Programmer, Lathe, Mills, Machinist, Metal Machining, Manufacturing, Flowform Machining, Metal Shop,