Tempe, AZ US
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Location: Tempe, AZ 85284
Shift: 2nd shift 2PM-10:30PM, may required OT every other third Saturday
Employment Type: 6 month assignment with potential for permanent employment
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
- PMRL trained or equivalent preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Experience with Dimensional calibration to include gage blocks, calipers, micrometers, thread plug gages, ring gages, and GD&T preferred
- Experience with IndySoft, Fluke Met/Team, Fluke Met/Track and Met/Cal experience a plus
- Formal military PMEL, TMDE or calibration school training with proof of attendance preferred.
- Special Considerations: Lifting is generally in the 10 to 15 Lbs. range with minimal repetitions. Exposure to machinery, chemical, biological, and physical risks is minimal
- Must be a US Citizen and Fully Vaccinated
- Calibrates instruments to meet established conformance standards.
- Tests instrument accuracy and adjusts as necessary.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Keyword Search string: Metrology Technician, Calibration Tech, Calibrate, Test Technician, Electronic testing, Electrical tests, Mechanic, Operator, Machinist, Skilled Worker