Clearwater, FL 33760 US
Title: Care Navigator
Location: Lakewood Ranch, FL
Pay: Up to $18.68/hr.
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30am 5:00pm
Type: 8 Week Contract Assignment (Paid Weekly)
Responsible for coordinating service inquiries as well as offering prompt access within the Empath Health Network of Care. Maintains excellence in customer service by being caring, compassionate, empathetic and responsive to the needs of all who reach out to us internally and externally.
- Covid and Flu vax required.
AHCA Clearance required -
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with patients/families, providers, direct co-workers and peers.
- Excellent multi-tasking and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent typing and computer input skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (MS Outlook, Word, Excel), Suncoast Solutions preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance regulations.
- Basic knowledge of non-hospice related healthcare and community resources.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare reimbursement.
- Expected to assist (within reason) if Care Navigation coverage is needed outside of a normal shift.
- Provides for optimum access to Care Continuum via telephone, website, fax and walk-in inquiries. Articulates information and education regarding programs and services in a customized manner appropriate to the individual customer.
- Facilitates appointments through effective triage using Care Navigation protocol to the program that best meets the patient s needs.
- Works effectively with patients/families, community providers and team members to ensure all necessary information for accurate and complete referrals is received and inputted into patient s electronic medical record (EMR) consistently, accurately and in real time.
- Has extensive knowledge of non-hospice related community resources and provides that information to patients/families/community providers as appropriate.
- Able to provide contact information for Hospices located outside of Pinellas County as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring physician certification information is received and inputted into EMR continually following regulatory standards.
- Monitors, triages, and documents faxes received as applicable. Forward to Health Information for scanning into patient s EMR as appropriate.