Cell Product Group Lead
Storrs, CT 06226 US
Title: Lead Lab Technician (Cell Products)
Location: Willimantic, CT
Shift: Mon- Fri Varying Day Shift (530am-2pm, 630am-3pm, 730am-4pm)
Employment Type: Direct Placement
For over five decades, our client has been recognized as the world s largest and most trusted producer of Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) eggs and adjacent laboratory products and services for the development and manufacture of biologics and vaccines that are used for both human and animal health. They supply leading manufacturers with critical bioprocessing inputs, including SPF eggs, antigens, and cell products. In addition, offer numerous diagnostic testing and manufacturing support services, including virus propagation and isolation, custom cell production, and quality control testing. They also support the development of new therapeutics by providing antibodies such as IgY for use in clinical trials.
Assist department management with oversight and daily supervision of cell products personnel. Serve as onsite lead/primary technician and perform technical duties. Maintain inventory for laboratory cell products. Provide leadership, technical guidance, and serve as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- Coordinate and monitor work of lab technicians.
- Assume functions of the Department Manager in his/her absence.
- Train new employees and update employee training files.
- Oversee and coordinate activities of the laboratory cell products.
- Monitor and maintain inventory for cell products.
- Prepare media, buffers, and solutions.
- Assist in determining/scheduling daily work assignments for employees.
- Process SPF chicken embryos, and cell cultures.
- Order/receive chemicals and supplies and review Raw Material Specifications.
- Review batch records.
- Review product and approve product evaluations; submit to Quality Assurance when needed.
- Write and implement special instructions for cell preparation.
- Read and record sterility tubes.
- Complete documentation for cell products and prepare Certificates of Analysis.
- Receive, review and maintain incoming product Certificates of Analysis.
- Maintain onsite safety procedures and compliance
- Coordinate investigations into cell product failures.
- Respond to Associated Security Alarms at the site.
- Write and edit Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Schedule equipment maintenance and repair.
- Perform housekeeping activities, including waste disposal and glassware preparation.
- Provide guidance in the day-to-day activities of limited assigned departmental employees.
- Provide input to supervisor/manager regarding personnel management activities such as personnel actions (interviewing, hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Serve as a role model for effective time management, communication and utilization of resources.
- Assist in the maintenance and communication of departmental systems and SOPs.
- Ensure accurate, high-quality work and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices and procedures (SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles, fumes, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work area is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach. The employee frequently stands and walks; and sits at a microscope.
- The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires occasional day travel using own vehicle.
- Education: Associate s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in life science or related discipline.
- Experience: 4-6 years related experience and/or training in a laboratory environment
- Other: Effective communication and interpersonal skills required. Experience using desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.