Location: Twinsburg, OH
Employment Type: Contract to Permanent
- Bachelor s degree and 5 years procurement/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment with strategic responsibility for procurement is required and essential for this position.
- Experience of developing, implementing, and managing commodity strategies.
- Excellent Project Management Skills.
- Proven success analyzing and negotiating complex supply agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to instill confidence in all stakeholder groups and manage complex commercial relationships.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
- Maintain Undertake spend analysis, market assessment of the commodity
- Create and manage strategic breakthrough strategies for a pre-defined commodity portfolio to support business requirements.
- Interact with other divisions of the company to identify synergies
- Identify and deliver of opportunities for cost reduction.
- Reduce supply base in line with commodity strategy.
- Negotiate and Manage cost models for suppliers
- Manage request for quotation (RFQ) and selection process by preparing and leading Supplier Choice Committee
- Undertake general term agreement / execution agreement negotiation and ensure appropriate flow-down of terms and conditions.
- Develop and maintain suppliers to become best practice sources.
- Manage relationships with suppliers on behalf of the Company. Some of these relationships may be of strategic significance to the company E&P; others will be of a more tactical nature.
- Ensure appropriate performance measure (QCD) of supply base and feedback of results.
- Develop and maintain global partnerships in the supply base to support current and future business and technology demands.
- Support global / regional procurement initiatives and site-level initiatives for key supplier deliverables on cost, delivery and quality.
- Implement the company's E&P Customer Supplier relationship model (to include issues such as true cost transparency, capacity management, Risk management, etc.).
- Identify projects within the commodity for cost down projects, where a change in technology or design may dramatically reduce the procurement cost.
- Lead cross-functional projects and VA/VE (VALUE ADDED / VALUE ENGINEERING) initiatives and work the phases at a fast pace to guarantee the ROI of the project under the best timeline possible.
- Ensure that agreed sourcing targets for benefits are met in the commodity portfolio. This includes responsibility for meeting Improvement Plan (IP) targets and year on year cost down.
- Provide support to NPI teams as required in establishing program cost models.
- Manage a program through the five critical phases: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Control and Project Closure.
All employees and contractors must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or have an approved exemption for a doctor-verified reason or a sincerely-held religious belief. Employment with and/or engagement with the Company as a contractor is contingent upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination or exemption approved by the Company.
Keywords: Aerospace commodity manager, procurement, project management