Boston, MA US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Senior Construction Manager
Industry: Construction / DoD
Location: Boston, MA (Hybrid Remote)
Employment Type: Contract to permanent
Schedule: 8am-5pm; in office 1-2 times per week
- BS degree in Architecture, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience with at least 8 years related work experience in managing office renovations and new commercial building construction.
- Good technical writing, analyses and communication skills as well as be independent and resourceful.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft software, maintaining and interpreting construction schedules, including critical path, understanding equipment/material lead times, and interdependency of various discipline/trade tasks.
- Experience managing office renovation projects
- History of working with Government Project Managers / CORs on processing change requests, requests for information, submittals, and field observation reports.
- 10-hour OSHA construction safety training is preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word, CADD, and Project; and uploading and transferring documents on Sharepoint sites.
- Federal Government experience preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain HSPD-12 clearance
- May require approximately 30% travel around the New England area. Cost is reimbursable for mileage and travel expenses however travel to office is not.
- Perform a variety of construction management tasks to complete renovations of a portfolio of office building renovations throughout New England.
- Plan on site visits for each project, to the project sites, covering:
- Attend on-site walk through with the contractor during the bid process and start-up as determined by the GSA POC;
- Project kick-off meeting for each of the GSA project sites and to interface with the building manager and/or lessor;
- Close out and acceptance of the project where project site completion is possible within the given period of performance.
- Plan on covering conference calls with the GSA PM and the local GSA project staff during initiation of the projects and during the bid process.
- Attend, and if required, conduct biweekly and monthly progress meetings to include recording and distributing progress meeting minutes
- Work with the contractor to ensure the GSA Office POC s are aware of any work being done at the GSA Facilities and help coordinate all repairs and alteration projects with GSA building manager and/or lessor.
- Provide updates to the drawings, specifications, budget and schedules as changes occur.
- Establish a Schedule for the site visits during construction/installation of the security equipment.
- Provide Individual Site Issue reports and updated project schedules
- Prepare cost estimates for new projects and contract change orders
- Inspect construction Contractor s work for progress, quality and conformance with contract documents and applicable local standards.
- Manage and process technical and administrative submittals and RFIs.
- Assist the Government through development of change order documents, sketches, and cost estimates as required.
- Complete all reporting requirements as required, including field reports and photographs, meeting minutes, tracking Record Drawings, and review and verification of Contractor close-out requirements.
- Coordinate special inspections with the Contractor(s) and 3rd Party Inspector(s) as required.
- Promptly notify the Contracting Officer s Representative (COR) of any problems or issues observed.
- Expected to draft all contract related correspondence for the CO or COR s signature.
- Participate in weekly telephone conference calls with the COR and other parties as necessary to update the COR.
- Candidate must embrace zero incident philosophy, track safety metrics, and embrace philosophy of continuous quality improvement and sustainability.
Keyword Searchstring: Construction Manager, Project Management, PM, Project Scheduling, Construction Scheduler, Coordinator,