Continuous Improvement Engineer
Sarasota, FL US
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Location: Sarasota 34243
Industry: Aviation / Manufacturing
Employment Type: Intern/Temp, Opportunity to go Perm
- Bs degree in Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical or other related Engineering degrees (degree requirement is based on improvement domain the candidate applies for).
- Previous manufacturing or quality experience (previous projects or internship acceptable) with a working knowledge of blueprint reading, statistical methods, problem-solving, international quality standards, and continuous improvement tools
- Able to define project objectives, milestones, and deliverables to meet required implementation timeline.
- Proved problem-solving and data analysis skills.
- Able to work with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled in using standard MS Office products including MS project, and other enabling software.
- Basic knowledge of Lean manufacturing.
- Implements projects using DMIAC or other systematic project implementation methodologies.
- Establish strong partnership with all site stakeholders to ensure project milestones are achieved on time.
- Involves and collaborates with all affected parties to include their ideas and concerns into the implementations.
- Must be proficient at executing technical presentations and discussions at all levels of the organization.
- Prepares technical proposals, cost estimates, status reports, technical reports, and schedules.
- Report writing and data analysis development skills.
- Uses excel, VBA, and other available tools to improve Data reporting and real time data accuracy.
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
- Execute the initiatives of the organization in the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Systems throughout the operation, with all the documentation required.
- Perform Measurement System Analyses to assess and act upon measurement system accuracy and precision (repeatability and reproducibility).
- Ensures commitment to a safe working environment and the HSE standards and processes established by corporate.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- May require long periods of sitting.
- May require lifting < 20 lbs.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Typical office environment requiring the use of typical office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, etc.)
- Computer keyboarding, computer monitor and mouse use including reaching forward, grasping, finger and wrist manipulation, and neck bending and turning; near vision is necessary for computer monitor use.
Keyword Search string: Intern, Continuous Improvement, Engineer Intern, Engineering Internship, DMIAC, technical proposals, cost estimates, status reports, technical reports, blueprint reading, statistical methods, measurement system analysis