Catskill, NY 12414 US
- Title: Farm Crew Worker
- Location: Catskill, NY
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $44,720
- Job Type: Direct Hire
401K Plan with Company Matching
Up to 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Up to 11.5 Paid Holiday Days
Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
Benefits are effective the 1st day of the month following your Start Date
For over five decades, our client has been recognized as the world s largest and most trusted producer of Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) eggs and adjacent laboratory products and services for the development and manufacture of biologics and vaccines that are used for both human and animal health. They supply leading manufacturers with critical bioprocessing inputs, including SPF eggs, antigens, and cell products. In addition, offer numerous diagnostic testing and manufacturing support services, including virus propagation and isolation, custom cell production, and quality control testing. They also support the development of new therapeutics by providing antibodies such as IgY for use in clinical trials.
Perform and/or assist with duties related to house recycles, minor equipment repair, flock removal and blood testing.
- Assist with flock removal, bird moves and bird sales.
- Perform other farm related activities.
- Perform house recycles including disassemble of houses and related equipment, washing, repairing, sanitizing and reassembling of houses.
- Perform minor equipment repair.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Working in Hot or cold environmental temps.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. (High if using pressure washer or power tools.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Basic maintenance skills and experience; basic carpentry skills and experience
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Valid driver's license.