Catskill, NY US
- Title: Maintenance Worker
- Location: Catskill, NY
- Salary: $21.50 per hour
- Hours: 6am -2:30pm - Monday through Friday
- Employment Type: Direct Placement
- Full benefits and paid time off
Perform and/or assist with duties related to house recycles, minor equipment repair, flock removal and blood testing.
We are the world s largest and most trusted producer of Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) eggs and adjacent laboratory products and services for the development and manufacture of biologics
We are committed to quality, biosecurity, and scientific innovation and have set the standard for our industry for over five decades
We are dedicated to the relentless improvement and expansion of our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our dynamic customer base across both human and animal health markets
60+ Years of Experience
1Bn+ SPF Eggs Produced Since Inception
40+ US Production Houses
24 Years Licensed by USDA
2020 Supported Our First IgY Clinical Study
Included great benefits
We provide our customers with a broad range of products and services to address their development and large-scale manufacturing needs. We supply leading manufacturers with critical bioprocessing inputs, including SPF eggs, antigens, and cell products. In addition, we offer numerous diagnostic testing and manufacturing support services, including virus propagation and isolation, custom cell production, and quality control testing. We also support the development of new therapeutics by providing antibodies such as IgY for use in clinical trials.
We are the global leader in SPF egg production, focused on providing high-quality SPF eggs and adjacent products and services for use in manufacturing vaccines, therapeutics, and other biologics.
At AVS Bio, we are committed to the humane treatment of animals. Our eggs are produced in our over 40 dedicated houses using sustainable practices, and we are dedicated to ensuring that our hens are treated with the utmost care and respect.
Our eggs are carefully inspected, cleaned, and tested to ensure they meet the strict quality standards required for vaccine production. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality eggs and cell-based products.
Our scientific and manufacturing expertise allows us to offer a broad range of products, including primary chicken embryo cells and USDA-licensed FFM and diagnostic products. Our IgY products are produced utilizing our SPF hens and are tested to ensure that they meet the highest quality and purity standards.
- Perform house recycles including disassemble of houses and related equipment, washing, repairing, sanitizing and reassembling of houses.
- Perform minor equipment repair.
- Maintenance repairs
- Assist with flock removal, bird moves and bird sales.
- Perform other farm related activities.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. (High if using pressure washer or power tools)
- Working in Hot or cold environmental temps.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Valid driver's license
- Basic maintenance skills and experience; basic carpentry skills and experience