Cleared Data Engineer
Reston, VA US
Cleared Data Engineer
Location: Reston, & McLean, VA
Industry: Intelligence Community
Salary: $140k-$190k Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: Active Top Secret with Full Scope Poly required
We are searching for an experienced Data Engineer who holds a Top Secret clearance with a Full Scope Poly. The clearance is required to apply. The Data Engineer will provide the engineering support to the data science and software engineering team members including augmenting technical support in the area of data science, data engineering, and systems engineering, as well as reviewing and providing technical assessments.
- Must have an active Top-Secret clearance with a Full Scope Poly
- Extensive experience with AWS, Java development (React, etc.)
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED; Advanced degree preferred.
- Experienced in data programming languages and tools such as Python and R.
- Experience with SQL or similar database language.
- Experienced in extracting and aggregating structured and unstructured data.
- Experience designing and implementing data models to enable, sustain and enhance the value of information they contain.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Provide current system architecture documentation, engineering/web development programming support for program/project requirements defined tasks, data science/data engineering related technical assessments, effective communication with users and managers, and server administration, to include hardware and software support to existing servers.
- Support ad-hoc data analysis requirements defined by the client's Leadership.
- Reporting solutions will encompass multiple technology platforms used by the client and will drive business process re-design and training/change management initiatives.
- Make sure pedigree and provenance of the data is maintained such that the access to data is protected
- Clean and preprocess data to enable analytic access
- Collaborate with enterprise working groups to advance the state of data standards
- Collaborate with the engineering team, data stewards, and mission partners to aid in getting actionable value out of the data holdings architects complex, repeatable ETL processes
- Will work on Data cleaning and transformation efforts in delivery of CDRLs.
- Supports Experience with Targeting using Sponsor Tools, Reverse Engineering
- Develop API connectors to enable ingest of new data catalog entries from databases and files
- Ensures that data mappings will provide the best performance for expected user experience
- Supports Deliverables and Reports
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Keywork Searchstring: Information Technology, Systems Engineering, Software Engineer, Data Engineer, Data Science, Technical Support, Technical Assessments, Architecture Documentation, Clearance, TS FSP, Full Scope Poly, Intelligence Community, IC, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Cloud Engineering, React, Java Development,