Director of Business Development
Huntsville, AL US
Director of Business Development
Location: Huntsville, AL
Salary: Senior Executive + bonus structure
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Employment Type: Corporate/Strategic
We are searching for an established Director of Business Development with a successful track record in identifying and capturing NASA and Space Command / Commercial Space opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of space hardware Design, Development, Test, and Evaluation (DDT&E), mission operations, and R&D Engineering. Primary focus will be on the identification, development, and capture of strategic opportunities, valued at over $10M each, while building and maintaining a qualified pipeline of >$100M in annual opportunities. Candidate will be based in Huntsville, AL and can expect to spend up to 25% of time on business travel within the continental United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimum 10+ years of performing Business Development (sales, marketing, capture, proposals) activities, especially in development, integration, and operation of space qualified systems.
- Have a strong network of NASA, commercial space, and DoD space customer contacts and must be familiar with the customer's major programs and upcoming initiatives.
- Have a proven record of winning new, large ($>10M) contracts.
- The candidate should have a working knowledge of the Federal procurement process, and a demonstrated proficiency with NASA and DoD strategy and acquisition plans.
- Demonstrated ability to execute the business development function with minimum supervision.
- Effective leader/participant in formal presentations to clients and potential teaming partners; proven track record of building winning teams as well as successfully negotiating with potential team members as to roles and participation.
- Insight into NASA/MSFC/JSC, DoD Space, and Commercial Space current and future programs is strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of space flight hardware development, integration, and operation.
- Formal training in the Shipley capture process is strongly desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Build NASA/Space Command/Commercial Space Market Business Pipeline. Primary focus is to build/maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities that align with NASA, Space Command, and Commercial Space strategic vision for growth within Government and commercial marketplace.
- Perform space market research and create, manage, and implement BD plans. Generate and articulate strategic vision, action plans, competitive intelligence research, needed company investments, and business cases that will grow revenue within hardware development and mission operations markets in the targeted agencies.
- Develop and present briefings to senior management in support of investing in and pursuing strategic opportunities in these markets.
- Engage customers in identifying and shaping opportunities. This includes active communication of actionable intelligence back to Business Unit Senior BD Director and VP.
- Actively market the Company s brand, establish customer expectations, and shape opportunities by creating white papers, sponsoring in-house demonstrations/tours, and leading responses to RFIs and similar activities.
- Develop initial concepts, organize the correct company participants, recruit needed industry and small business partners, and lead the capture of integrated systems.
- Support Captures and Proposals. Participate in and/or lead color team proposal reviews and contribute to all volumes including management, technical, and cost.
Keywork Searchstring: Business Development, Capture, CEO, COO, Strategy, Director, Vice President, R&D, Spaceflight, Missile, Advanced research, NASA, Space, Space Command, Commercial Space, BD, RFP, RFI,