Director of Engineering
Lawrence, KS 66046 US
Title: Director of Engineering
Location: Lawrence, KS
Type: Direct Hire
Industry: Pharma/Med Device
Salary: $160,000 and up based on Experience
The Director of Engineering will oversee product engineering operations and ensure that proper engineering procedures are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops new products from concept to testing to production.
- Oversees progress and timeliness of projects.
- Leads design engineering related to new product development and product & systems enhancements.
- Develops and oversees machine and process validation programs, ensuring validation timelines are met.
- Work with production to be aware of production schedule and needs, ensuring manufacturing engineering is working as a team with production to achieve goals.
- Prepare and manage capital projects including identifying scope, cost, milestones, etc.
- Reviews project reports to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Provides leadership for employees through effective communication, coaching, training, and development.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Develops and implements a culture of continuous improvement through the utilization of self-directed work teams.
- Establishes, prepares, implements, revises, and maintains policies and procedures related to engineering and facilities.
- Oversees scope development, estimating and schedule commitments as part of building capex project proposals and administers and oversees Master site planning efforts at sites as required
- Drives site projects and project teams as needed, works with sites to problem solve and clear roadblocks during execution, and coordinates steerco s and governance metrics for sites in the network
- Support operating sites in the following areas:
- Capex planning
- Technical reviews on projects
- Review, analysis and recommendations on new technologies and/or service providers
- Operational review on challenging site problems (ie. Contaminations, equipment robustness etc.)
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering required; Master s degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 15 years working experience in plant engineering and capital projects in a biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, or other high-tech manufacturing environment.
- PE designation preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements for the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Solid knowledge base and experience in engineering/construction project controls and project execution and ability/experience functioning globally within a diverse team
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive technical knowledge of engineering and product development.
- Excellent financial skills and ability to analyze financial data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.