Director of Formulation
Bend, OR US
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
The Director of Formulation Sciences will be responsible for the Formulation Sciences team and early development of pharmaceutical formulations including, but not limited to pre-formulation assessments, identification of strategic formulation strategies, and formulation screening (SDD, lipids, particle size reduction, etc.) to identify a preferred form and formulation for the drug substance or drug product intermediate.
Title: Director of Formulation
Location: Bend, Oregon
Pay: Competitive salary with full-time benefits
Type: Direct Placement
- Accountable for the daily workflow of the department
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Provide technical guidance and direction.
- Provides mentorship.
- Has direct reports.
- Provides strategic vision for organization & department.
- Delegation & oversight of new projects.
- Contributes to IR&D strategy.
- Works directly with Executive Management on Company budgeting and forecasting.
- Makes final recommendations for capital expenditure to Executive Management.
- Authors/reviews/approves project proposals and budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Scientific curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated experience in technical focus area (formulation sciences, analytical sciences, process engineering, drug product development).
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical process and/or product development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
- GMP Production experience plus 10 years of progressively increasing managerial experience in a production environment is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Motor skills required for basic laboratory operations (pouring liquids, using utensils to transfer powders, visual assessments).