Document Control Specialist
Houston, TX US
Document Reviewer III
Location: Houston, TX
Shift: Day shift 8am-5pm, On-site - Must be flexible to work OT as needed (i.e. possibly 1 weekend every 6 weeks or up to an hour or 2 of OT weekly ONLY IF approved and needed).
Salary: $23.02hr. (Based on experience)
Employment Type: Long Term Contract
- Associate s or above required. 4+ years of experience required (Oil/Gas or Pharma preferred)
- Basic GMP knowledge required.
- 1-2 years of Experience with controlled document management and issuance of controls documents required (specifically document and logbook issuance preferred).
- Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, independent and self-motivated, but team-oriented, with the ability to interact effectively with staff members from multiple levels and departments.
- Experience working in a customer support role with many different departments and personnel levels.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments with tight turnarounds, while adjusting to changing demands and directives
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Team player but also, must be a self-starter, highly motivated and willing to take initiative with process improvements.
- Highly responsible and a quick learner who follows all the outlined procedures.
- Candidate must be comfortable working solo in the department from 8pm-10pm M-F.
- Able to follow directions and very detail oriented.
- Issue production and testing documents as requested by manufacturing, validation and quality control departments
- Issue LIMS labels and logbooks as requested by MFG and QC
- Perform records management tasks such as filing, scanning, archiving, logbook issuing
- Responsible for assisting with the on-site and off-site document storage process for archiving and retrieving documentation
- Utilize Excel spreadsheets and other tracking software to input data used for quality tracking.
- Support internal / external audits by copying, scanning and distributing various documents as needed
- Perform records management tasks such as filing, scanning, archiving, logbook issuing, and providing electronic copies of archived record requests if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Environment: A global leader and trusted supplier in the pharma, biotech, and specialty ingredients markets. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the company is focused on advanced manufacturing, high-quality control systems, regulatory expertise, and research and development (R&D) capabilities. The company s products and services include active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), stem cell therapies, drinking water sanitizers, vitamin B compounds, organic personal care ingredients, industrial preservatives and microbial control solution to combat viruses, bacteria and other dangerous pathogens.