Electrical Assembly Techician
Oldsmar, FL 34677 US
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Electrical Assembly Technician III
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 7:00am-3:30pm
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This person supports all activities within the electrical assembly department, acts as a lead electrician for machines on the assembly floor, and commission new machines to prepare them for testing.
- Associates Degree from two-year college or technical school, equivalent military or other technical training, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years directly related systems integration and test experience
- Demonstrated Electrical Technician II for a minimum of one year or equivalent equipment experience
- Proven ability to interact with other department, supervisors, and customers in a professional manner
- Layout, fabrication, assembly, and wiring of electrical panels for use in main electrical cabinets, machine electrical cabinets, customer service projects, and others using schematics and/or wire lists
- Wiring and assembly of electrical sub-assemblies using schematics and/or wire lists
- Installation of electrical sensors/switches and wiring of machines based on electrical schematics and direction of Foreman
- Installation of pneumatic components and related air lines on machines based on electrical schematics and with input from supervisors and engineering
- Layout and installation of electrical/pneumatic routing on machines based on electrical/pneumatic schematics with direction from supervisors and engineering
- Provide direction and training to other electrical technicians
- Responsible for knowing, following, and keeping manager aware of any issues that will impact the assembly schedule
- Commissioning machines at the factory to include initial power-up, troubleshooting electrical and pneumatic systems, download of initial programming, test, and debug motion on each station, ensure all motion and door safety are installed and operational, and any other task required to ensure the machine is fully operational for testing
- Reviews machine electrical and pneumatic schematics for accuracy and manufacturability in coordination with the electrical/controls department
- Ensures all documentation (e.g. test data) is complete, is in accordance with defined requirements, is current, and is accurate for all assigned machines
- Contributes directly to developing (writing, reviewing, approving), maintaining, and executing operating procedures for electrical/pneumatic practices, procedures, and policies
- Interacts with other departments such as Assembly, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Controls, to identify areas for improvement, assist in developing continuous improvement activities, and initiating those practices
- Helps prepare machines for shipment, including cleaning, breakdown of machinery facilities, and preparation of miscellaneous items
- Inspects the work of Electrical Technician I & II Writes and improves procedures for other technicians to follow
- Acts as a backup to the Electrical Foreman, providing technical leadership for the team of electrical technicians, and may be required to participate in and/or lead meetings as required
- Maintains and promotes a clean, safe, and efficient work environment
- Ability to interpret blueprints drawings, schematics, technical procedures, and other related material.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Proficient in use of assembly hand, pneumatic, and power tools
- Working knowledge of Windows office.
- Fundamental understanding of MRP/ERP systems and how to navigate them to locate pertinent information
- Ability and desire to work independently with little or no direct supervision
- This position will be customer-facing at times. As such the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner, acting in the best interest of both the customer and the company, is imperative.