Bakersfield, CA US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Location: Bakersfield, CA (remote potential)
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8 AM - 5 PM
Employment Type: Contract with potential to go perm
Our client is now hiring an experienced Electrical Engineer with a desire to work on Utility and Oil & Gas projects. Senior Engineers need to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment. In this role you will complete a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within the electrical engineering discipline. You will apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses which may involve the use of ETAP and other similar applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of related work experience.
- Professional Engineer registration in California is desired.
- Proficiency in utilizing Autodesk AutoCAD and Plant3D software
- Strong working knowledge of power systems 480V and below is required.
- Experience with 480V and 12kV transmission/distribution systems is preferred.
- Performs complex engineering tasks and difficult engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extract engineering information from CAD drawings. Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, datasheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
Keyword Search string: engineer, electrical, weld, welder,
electrical engineering, electrician, CAD, ETAP,