Location: Exeter, NH
Salary: Market Value (inquire directly)
Employment Type: Permanent Placement
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience as an electrical engineer required.
- Demonstrates expert-level skill in the use of the following software programs, Altium, LabView, Visual Studio and C/C++ development environments, RTOS systems, Verilog/VDHL, and Agile PLM.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as Project and Visio.
- Classwork and practical electrical engineering design experience.
- Experience in supplier capabilities, cost analysis, and process in the manufacture of components and PCBA fabrication to required specifications.
- Ability to write and review reports and procedures, and effectively present information to team members and management.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Develop innovative electrical component, assembly, and system-level designs in Altium to meet product requirements.
- Develop and check PCBA layout drawings in Altium and perform component/assembly tolerance analysis and functional interface between sub-assemblies as necessary.
- Supervise and develop complete electrical system-level designs thru the PLM system.
- Contribute technical leadership to R&D projects in a team setting to meet project cost targets, budget requirements, and delivery dates.
- Develop verification test plans, check the accuracy of test results, and draw logical conclusions.
- Responsible for the manufacturability and overall cost of complete products.
- Responsible for applying industry best practices for manufacturability as well as identifying and implementing new technologies.
- Drive Continuous Improvement in technical information (i.e., process records, schematics drawings, SOPs, prototype, and fixture drawings) as needed to evaluate and support product design operations.
- Provide technical assistance company-wide including outside vendors.
- Conduct MultiSIM, Proteus, CircuitLOGIX, XSPICE analysis, and other numerical simulations as required.
- Technical Ownership within the SIG NPI process (New Product Introduction).
Keyword: Design engineer, electrical engineer, electrical, EE, hardware, software, shock, battery, powered, engineering, testing, GD&T, R&D, Mechanical, Design, solidworks, CAD, PLM, Agile, manufacturing, firearms, R&D