Pasadena, CA 91124 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Senior Electrical Engineer
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Location: Pasadena, CA, Hybrid 2-3 days in office
Schedule: 9/80; M-F 8am-5pm
Employment Type: Temp-to-Perm
- 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years or more of related work experience with power distribution and lighting experience.
- PE registration in the State of California is required, or ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
- A solid experience with Revit, ETAP, and understanding of NEC Codes is essential
- Experience with municipal wastewater or industrial water treatment system is essential.
- Experience in the use of off-the-shelf software for calculations and design is required.
- Experience in the design and specification of a wide variety of electrical systems is preferred. Electrical systems should include one or more of the following: power distribution, panel load calculations, lighting design, emergency power systems, switchgear, transformer selection, and other related systems such as grounding and lightning protection.
- Experience supervising a design group of CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers in the production of multiple projects or sub-tasks simultaneously.
- Further experience in any of the following specialty areas is beneficial but not required: communications systems, Fire Alarm, Traction Power, utility relocation and distribution, building management systems, and/or supervisory control and data acquisition.
- Performs a variety of engineering tasks by applying standard engineering techniques and analyses within their discipline.
- Electrical engineers at this level have experience and an increasing proficiency in the utilization of engineering theories and practices, and Company procedures and quality standards.
- Typical project assignments are larger in scope and involve engineering calculations, specification development, report generation, BIM (building information modeling), CAE (computer aided engineering), and/or CAD (computer aided design) applications.
- Work will involve engineering and design of both new facilities and rehabilitating existing facilities. Willingness to travel to supplier, client, and construction site locations is expected.
- Specific knowledge in the areas of: Design of substations, main power distribution, and motor control centers (including layout, transformer sizing, automatic transfer switch sizing, bus sizing, breaker sizing and single line diagram preparation); design of control systems including ladder diagrams; sizing wire and conduit; facility layout of wire and conduit; design and layout of duct banks and pull boxes; Design and layout of lighting and receptacle systems including panelboard schedules and reflective ceiling plans; and preparation of point to point wiring diagrams.
- Working knowledge of various processes such as: headworks, primary clarifiers, aeration basins, secondary clarifiers, disinfection processes, anaerobic digestion, reverse osmosis, membrane bioreactors, solids dewatering and other membrane processes.
- Knowledge and applications of industry code and standards like NEC, NFPA, etc.
- Ability to perform short circuit calculations and protective device coordination studies utilizing ETAP software.
- Ability to conduct independent field investigations and collect field data to support design work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keyword Search string: Electrical Engineer, Senior Electrical Engineer, Professional Engineer, PE