Tanner, AL 35671 US
Title: Electrical Mechanical Engineer
Location: Huntsville/ Tanner, AL
Salary: $100k and up based on experience
Employment Type: Direct Placement
Our client is the world leader in military expeditionary shelter systems, is looking for a dynamic, hands-on RF/Electro-Mechanical Engineer in Huntsville, AL, to create shelters, shelter accessories, and power generation systems that will be used every day by our brave warfighters and emergency responders. The Huntsville facility develops and produces expeditionary shelters, command and control equipment, generators, trailers, and much more. These products help protect our soldiers, help them execute the mission, and provide conditioned quarters for operations, medical facilities, and billeting.
The RF/Electro-Mechanical Engineer position will serve as the primary technical SME on engineering projects requiring EMI and HEMP in order to support the successful development, implementation, and sustainment of new systems and products, or modifications and revisions to current systems and products. In addition, this role would design and develop electro-mechanical equipment, wiring harnesses, control panels, and other systems.
The RF/Electro-Mechanical Engineer position offers a variety of engineering opportunities including testing, design, analysis, 3D modeling, 2D drafting, and prototyping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Set up and conduct tests to determine the performance of shelters, motors, generators, and other systems.
- Record, analyze, interpret, and communicate test data to improve or troubleshoot system design.
- Ensure RF test equipment is functional and calibrated to industry standards.
- Recommend and justify equipment purchases and replacements.
- Testing, cleaning, and packing equipment.
- Review, stay current with, and ensure regulatory standards are met.
- Travel to other locations as needed to assist with EMI/HEMP projects.
- Create/edit models and drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD software.
- Create/edit BOMs using SAP software.
- Design various electrical components and assemblies.
- Update 2D and 3D models based off redlines and company standards.
- Adhere to company revision control practices and ISO processes.
- Interpret specific system and product design requirements which ensure conformance to functional, customer, and operations/manufacturing criteria.
- Interface internally with all facility associates, management, and staff.
- Interface externally with customers and/or vendors for the purpose of furnishing, obtaining and/or clarifying information.
- Provide engineering program/project technical support to both internal and external customers.
- Communicates clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel, the customer, and vendors as required.
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards.
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical field.
- 7-10 years experience in similar technical role with military and defense applications.
- EMI, HEMP/EMP testing setup and administration.
- In-depth knowledge of ASTM E1851-15, IEEE 299, MIL-STD-285, MIL-STD-188/125, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Routinely punctual.
- Ability to problem solve with little information.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize work assignments, and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Ability to offer their own opinions and commentaries while being flexible and responsive to constructive feedback by managers and peers.
- Application of technical principles/techniques from established practices, as well as a functional knowledge/understanding of mechanical engineering processes, techniques, and practices to quickly/accurately perceive the fit, form, function, and manufacturability of design.
- Thorough, functional knowledge and understanding of Computer Aided Design application principles.
- SolidWorks experience required.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- PC-based computer experience including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is essential; SAP experience preferred.
- Sheetmetal background a plus.