Wright Patterson AFB, OH US
Location: Wright Patterson AFB, OH
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Clearance: Ability to Obtain Secret Clearance Required
Employment Type: Contract to Permanent
- Bachelor of Science with 2+ years of relevant professional experience required. Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other related field preferred.
- Expertise designing mixed signal embedded systems required
- Experience using circuit design software (e.g. Eagle, Altium) required
- Experience programming micro-controllers, FPGAs, or ASICs
- Understanding of feedback control including phase-locked loops, PID, and PDH
- Working knowledge of RF components and concepts
- Experience programming with C++, Python and/or MATLAB
- Working knowledge of photonic components (e.g. lasers, modulator, detectors, etc.)
- Ability to Obtain a SECRET security clearance required
- Lead the electronic development for the control, interfacing, and enhancement of photonic sub-systems.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team on the design, integration, assembly, and characterization of hybrid electronic/photonic prototypes.
- Electronic development involves mixed-signal circuit design, programing of microcontrollers and/or FPGA implementation. Applications focus on microwave photonics, atomic systems, and sensing.
- Lead electronic development to functionalize photonic sub-systems.
- Electronic support includes biasing of photonic devices, feed-back control, phase-locking, opto-electronic read-out, processing, and user-interfacing.
- Developed prototypes may be self-standing or embedded in larger system architectures.
- Opportunities also exist to contribute to exploratory research projects including the design of integrated electronic/photonic circuits and the advancement of microwave photonic processing using high-speed ADCs, FPGAs, and ASICs.
- Additional responsibilities include characterization, documentation, briefing reports, and project planning.
Keyword Searchstring: Electrical Engineer, FPGA, Circuit Design, RF Engineering, Field Programmable Gate Array,