Catskill, NY US
- Title: Journeyman Electrician
- Location: Catskill, NY
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $30 and up based on Experience
- Employment Type: Direct Placement
Perform a variety of journey-level skilled electrical tasks to repair, install and replace equipment and materials. Perform other semi-skilled tasks in the general maintenance of the physical plant and provide work direction to others performing electrical projects.
- Install and repair electrical materials, equipment and machinery working from blueprints, drawings, layouts and other specifications.
- Inspect, isolate problems, and repair defects in lighting, electrical wiring and equipment using motorized machinery, hand tools, and electrical testing equipment. May require calculation of electrical loads and feeds.
- Inspect complete electrical work for quality, safety, and proper operation.
- Calibrate equipment as necessary.
- May oversee electrical tasks being performed by other department personnel.
- Coordinate maintenance work with other departments and divisions; maintain accurate records of maintenance and repair work.
- Periodically perform preventative maintenance programs as required.
- Perform other semi-skilled tasks as assigned to assist in the general maintenance of the physical plant.
- Respond to emergencies as needed. Provide 24-hour on-call maintenance coverage, as scheduled in rotation.
- Take proper safety precautions and utilize appropriate safety gear/equipment in the performance of all duties.
- May perform waste vacuum maintenance.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and confined spaces, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position; traverse various types of surfaces; operate equipment, machinery, tools, or controls; and reach.
- Typically bends, stoops and crouches on a regular basis.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and is occasionally required to lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Regularly provides information to and receives information from/through various technologies, media, sources and contacts. Must be able to accurately exchange information.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) with additional specialized training in maintenance and construction work preferred.
- Three to five years experience.
- Valid electrician s license (where required by state).