Pasadena, TX 77507 US
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Location: Pasadena, TX (client on-site and not remote)
- Industry: Chemical
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm and on-call as needed and 9/80 schedule (80 hours in 9 days with every other Friday off)
- Salary: Competitive within industry
- Employment Type: Direct hire
Position Overview: Provide support to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local HES related laws, regulations, and industry standards regarding environmental programs in a chemical plant. Responsible for complying with all AIMS HESQ policies & practices including ISO-9001 and ISO-45001. This includes compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. For example, OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc.
- Identify, develop, and implement programs to drive improvements that support environmental excellence, consistent with the company s goals. Lead project teams, as appropriate.
- Continually improve the company s policies, plans and procedures to promote compliance with applicable environmental requirements under Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Maintain working knowledge of all applicable environmental laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Provide leadership and support with incident investigation, emergency response planning, employee training, process hazard analyses, and contractor evaluation efforts.
- Provide guidance and leadership to all levels of the organization with respect to the company s HES compliance tools and strategies.
- Actively promote communications with other departments to ensure HES policies and procedures are followed.
- Enhance relationships with outside entities, including governmental and non-governmental organizations that are part of the company s success in its HES programs.
- Provide direction in air pollution, potable water, storm water discharges, spill prevention & response, hazardous substance management & release reporting, and pollution prevention.
- Support the Environmental Supervisor, as directed.
- Apply state-of-the-art and innovative management techniques and engineering solutions, including information systems and engineering approaches to resolve HES issues and to achieve program objectives on schedule.
- Utilize a real-time, data-driven approach to track, monitor, and improve environmental performance, consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Provide HES support on off-hours as part of the HES On-Call Rotation.
- Provide back-up to other members of the environmental team.
- Loss control responsibilities which include conducting inspections and audits related to the Loss Control program as assigned, participating in Hazard Reviews as needed, recommending safety improvements, completion of safety action items as assigned, completing required regulatory training, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Actively/routinely monitors facility conditions and plant operations and maintenance activities to ensure HES compliance. Maintain visibility among plant personnel at all levels.
- Bachelor s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of five to seven years of plant experience with relevant industrial experience.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental related laws and regulations as they affect the plant.
- A physical/fit test along with breathing apparatus fitting is required for all positions