Manassas, VA US
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Environment: This client is a worldwide leading generic pharmaceutical company and one of the top 15 companies in the industry. With over 45,000 employees in 60 countries worldwide, they are proud to say that our employees are the reason for our success . They believe in empowering employees, presenting them with new challenges and letting them grow and develop professionally. Isn t this the type of company you want to work for?
- Title: Facilities Mechanic
- Location: Manassas VA
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Shift: Mon-Fri: 7AM - 3:30PM
- Salary: $29
- Employment Type: 3-6 Month Contract possible to extend or direct offer
Troubleshoots, maintains, improves and repairs all production machines and existing plant equipment. Performs fabrication and installation of new equipment. Maintains and repairs building and facilities.
- Conducts preventative maintenance and safety checks on all production equipment to include, but not limited to the Eagle, Phaser, Mogul, Engrossing and Polishing rooms, and cook deck area;
- Conducts preventative maintenance and safety checks on all plant equipment, including the boiler and air compressor.
- Keeps plant equipment running and in good repair;
- Determines and prioritizes all necessary repairs, both electrical and mechanical, to ensure all machines are ready for the next day s run;
- Makes and delegates repairs in a timely manner;
- Makes improvements to plant systems and facilities;
- Replenishes spare parts and orders materials for projects, upgrades and overhauls;
- Prepares maintenance plans in accordance with production schedule to ensure minimal impact of necessary repairs;
- Assists Plant staff with adjustments, changeovers & programming of Plant machinery (Eagle, Phaser, Mogul) when circumstances are unusual, or as needed;
- Promptly reports to Plant Manager all serious equipment malfunctions, and suggested course of action;
- Determines what project work is needed and completes the project work in a timely manner;
- Provides, and maintains in good working condition, your own complete set of essential hand tools necessary to accomplish general, day-to-day maintenance responsibilities (shop tools & specialized equipment will be supplied by the company as required);
- Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of repair shop, maintenance office, and storage areas including all equipment, tools, supplies and materials found therein; and
- Observe and follow safety procedures;
- Observe and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Food Safety Plan (HACCP) and Food Quality Plan (FQP);
- High school diploma or general education degree or (GED).
- At least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.