REMOTE, DC US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE
Employment Type: Contract to Permanent
Industry: Department of Defense
Location: Remote with Travel
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
- Bachelor s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management (or related) and 2+ years of experience
- Completion of NCARB Intern Development Program and beginning of licensure track or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Current knowledge in MEP building trades, including current standards and terminology
- Required fundamental knowledge in application of engineering and architectural design standards, practices, and techniques.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction codes and their application to existing facilities
- Knowledge of UNIFORMAT II Classifications for building specifications
- Knowledge of BUILDER assessments or similar software is preferred
- Project definition, and planning experience is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel 1-4 weeks to include international travel.
- Ability to walk for long periods (6 to 8 hours/day) and climb ladders.
- Locates, evaluates and reports on the current conditions of major building systems and their individual components, and identifies deficient condition in a variety of building types
- Interface with clients to determine the function of existing systems, issues and concerns, and determine what planned future use might be.
- Work with team to determine possible future work with respect to existing conditions.
- Ability to review drawings and schematics to assess the function of existing components and equipment.
- Perform data entry of assessed systems utilizing the UNIFORMAT II Classification System; and provides written narrative descriptions about the general condition of systems.
- Has the ability to organize large amounts of data is required.
- Assists with the development of assessment findings report
- Communicates with management team on schedule and project status.
All employees and contractors must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or have an approved exemption for a doctor-verified reason or a sincerely-held religious belief. Employment with and/or engagement with the Company as a contractor is contingent upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination or exemption approved by the Company.
Keyword searchstring: Facility Accessor, Facility Quality Control, NCARB, Uniformat II, commercial construction