Farm Crew Worker
Roanoke, IL US
- Title: Farm Crew Worker
- Location: Roanoke, IL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $17 an hour training / $186 daily after training
- Schedule: M - F 6am - 230pm
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
Perform and/or assist with duties related to house recycles, minor equipment repair, flock removal and blood testing.
- Perform house recycles including disassemble of houses and related equipment, washing, repairing, sanitizing and reassembling of houses.
- Perform minor equipment repair.
- Assist with flock removal, bird moves and bird sales.
- Perform other farm related activities.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. (High if using pressure washer or power tools)
- Working in Hot or cold environmental temps.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Valid driver's license (This position requires some travel to other local farms)
- Basic maintenance skills and experience; basic carpentry skills and experience