Catskill, NY US
- Title: Farm Technician
- Location: Catskill, NY
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $21.50
- Schedule: 6am - 230pm, Every other weekend off plus one variable day off during the week
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
Assist where needed in the areas of hatchery, brooding, house management, egg processing, egg pickup on farm, crew, maintenance and facilities.
For over five decades, our client has been recognized as the world s largest and most trusted producer of Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) eggs and adjacent laboratory products and services for the development and manufacture of biologics and vaccines that are used for both human and animal health. They supply leading manufacturers with critical bioprocessing inputs, including SPF eggs, antigens, and cell products. In addition, offer numerous diagnostic testing and manufacturing support services, including virus propagation and isolation, custom cell production, and quality control testing. They also support the development of new therapeutics by providing antibodies such as IgY for use in clinical trials.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of all company facilities and grounds, including mowing, trimming, pesticide and herbicide application, snow removal, light maintenance.
- Operating a skidsteer, tractor, forklift, or other necessary farm or site machinery.
- Capable of covering the role of Poultry House Operator: Operate egg sanitizing machine, collection tables and conveyance systems; collect, sanitize, inspect, and eggs according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and/or special instruction.
- Assist the Recycle Crew and Maintenance departments as needed.
- Hatchery responsibilities: egg receiving, egg sorting, setting, and candling.
- Monitor and maintain bird condition by observing feather cover, temperament, and body weights.
- Monitor feed, water, light, and ventilation systems for the production house.
- Euthanize birds as required by management and remove dead birds.
- Perform required environmental testing, required health testing, blood sampling, cloacal swabs, fecal material sample collection.
- Accurately complete required recordkeeping documents/forms.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and basic maintenance of equipment.
- Disinfect supplies, equipment, the building entry lock system, and rooms according to SOP
- Complete annual Fit Testing certification with a N95, half, and full-face cartridge respirator mask is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move about the farm and inside production buildings, positioning self to perform tasks at various heights.
- Exposure to chemicals, dust, and odors, frequently working near moving, mechanical parts.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to wear protective clothing, gloves, hair net, various respirator types after successfully passing a respirator fit test
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- 1-2 years related light maintenance or agricultural experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrated accuracy in record keeping.
- Must be able to work any day of the week.
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Keyword search: chicken OR poultry OR maintenance OR animals OR hatchery OR farming OR avs