Roanoke, IL US
- Title: Farm Technician
- Location: Roanoke, IL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $17 an hour training
- Schedule: 6am - 230pm, Every other weekend off plus one variable day off during the week
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
Assist where needed in the areas of hatchery, brooding, house management, egg processing, egg pickup on farm, crew, maintenance and facilities.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of all company facilities and grounds, including mowing, trimming, pesticide and herbicide application, snow removal, light maintenance.
- Operating a skidsteer, tractor, forklift, or other necessary farm or site machinery.
- Capable of covering the role of Poultry House Operator: Operate egg sanitizing machine, collection tables and conveyance systems; collect, sanitize, inspect, and eggs according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and/or special instruction.
- Assist the Recycle Crew and Maintenance departments as needed.
- Hatchery responsibilities: egg receiving, egg sorting, setting, and candling.
- Monitor and maintain bird condition by observing feather cover, temperament, and body weights.
- Monitor feed, water, light, and ventilation systems for the production house.
- Euthanize birds as required by management and remove dead birds.
- Perform required environmental testing, required health testing, blood sampling, cloacal swabs, fecal material sample collection.
- Accurately complete required recordkeeping documents/forms.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and basic maintenance of equipment.
- Disinfect supplies, equipment, the building entry lock system, and rooms according to SOP
- Complete annual Fit Testing certification with a N95, half, and full-face cartridge respirator mask is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move about the farm and inside production buildings, positioning self to perform tasks at various heights.
- Exposure to chemicals, dust, and odors, frequently working near moving, mechanical parts.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to wear protective clothing, gloves, hair net, various respirator types after successfully passing a respirator fit test
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- 1-2 years related light maintenance or agricultural experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrated accuracy in record keeping.
- Must be able to work any day of the week.