Field Project Manager
REMOTE, DC US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE
Field Project Manager
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Location: Arlington, VA or Remote
Employment Type: Temp through 7/15/23 w/ possible extension
The Field Project Manager is responsible for providing facilities technical and project management support in an Owners Representative role in support of the Department of Labor Job Corps Program and its 125 Centers nationwide.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or Fire Protection
- Minimum 10+ years of related work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role at a field site
- Professional Engineer license desired
- Familiarity of facility codes and industry practices and regulations required
- Proficiency in Fire Protection engineering highly desired
- Must be a US Citizen
- Develops the scope of work for assigned projects. Scope will range from renovation or repair of existing facilities to resolve known deficiencies to development of scopes for new facilities to replace existing facilities or accommodate a new function.
- Develops schedules and budgets for assigned projects and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Visits job sites for assigned projects at least monthly and documents project issues and progress.
- Provides cradle-to-grave project management on behalf of the owner for Construction, Design, and Design-Build contracts including scope development and verification, preconstruction conference preparation and participation, submittals review, pay application review, technical review of projects on-site, change order management, substantial completion and closeout support, and project closeout.
- Provides facilities technical support for all assigned Job Corps Centers (typically 8-10 for each Field Project Manager) including periodic site visits, review of existing facility deficiencies and identification/documentation of new deficiencies, assist Center Operator on all facilities technical issues, advise Center Operator on operations and maintenance requirements, prepares technical reports and recommendations for National Office consideration
Keyword Search string: Field Project Manager, Facility Accessor, Construction Lead, Fire Suppression Engineering, Mechanical Facilities Assessments, Fire Protection