Field Service Technician
Oldsmar, FL 34677 US
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Field Service Controls Technician
Location: Oldsmar, FL
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This person would be responsible for the installation, testing, analyzing, maintaining, repairing, and training of packaging equipment and associated products at customer sites, with main emphasis on supporting the controls platforms. Understanding of wiring and pneumatic schematics is a must. The primary focus is to provide customers with excellent technical customer service and ensure complete customer satisfaction. This position has a direct and significant impact on maintaining and growing new business.
- Perform field service repairs, training, and installations as scheduled.
- Possess and sustain proficiency in control software (ie:. Allen Bradley/Rockwell Automation and other controls platforms) and machinery equipped with PLCs through vendor training and interaction with engineering personnel.
- Maintain necessary machine configuration documentation during installation.
- Provide updates and modifications to machinery at customer sites and provide associated training to customers on use and maintenance of equipment.
- Provide on-site and remote support to customers, Customer Service and Sales departments as required.
- Capable of suggesting and implementing potential solutions or corrections for problems on machine installation.
- Interact and assist Assembly and Quality Control personnel during machine assembly and testing / debug stages in preparation for machine shipment.
- Participates in final machine acceptance inspections prior to machine shipment to verify equipment meets order specifications and to become proficient with the control packages interface and integration.
- Interact with Sales Managers / Project Managers on customer equipment needs and concerns and / or updates.
- Assist the Parts and Modernization departments with quoting requests for electronic controls software and hardware upgrades and / or electrical component upgrades.
- Process detailed expense and service trip reports on all service visits, in a timely fashion.
- Participate in training for continuous improvement, as needed, in order to maintain technical proficiency on new equipment and existing systems applications through internal and external training, specifically in controls software applications.
- When assigned, train customers, managers, technical personnel and operators on proper operation, maintenance, and safety rules of packaging equipment, specifically on applicable machinery control software.
- Occasionally, when assigned, provide accountability as a site manager/lead, directing the workload and tasks of other field technicians, assembly, and engineering personnel, and coordinating with customer and other contract / OEM site personnel.
- Work in tight quarters; on top and underneath equipment, stand, stoop, kneel and bend continuously (approximately 66% of the time).
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Submit to safety, background, and drug/alcohol testing as required by customer(s).
- Properly and appropriately don personal protective equipment.
- Contribute to product safety by reviewing machine functionality and safety standards when on customer site.
- Will travel on a regular basis.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or 2+ years of vocational training in Electromechanical Systems, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient AB (Allen Bradley) software such Studio 5000 and FactoryTalk Studio is a must.
- Have some experience with Rexroth software is a plus.
- Good understanding motion / speed control concept.
- Electrical components level troubleshooting skill (AB servo drive, VFD,).
- Pneumatic components level troubleshooting skill (Festo, SMC).
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in the Packaging industry involved in designing, installing and trouble-shooting PLC and motion control software and hardware
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally away from home for extended periods of time (70-85%)
- Valid passport or the ability to obtain a passport is required
- Demonstrated advanced mechanical, electrical and software skills.
- Ability to support various software control platforms for complete packaging lines and experience with line integration and ability to discuss proper line balancing with customers.
- Strong oral and written skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, from production to management including ability to train customers with a professional display of information and be able to speak in front of groups from 6 to 20 personnel.
- Ability to manage time and work independently