Finance And Accounting Analyst
Bloomington, IN 47403 US
Finance And Accounting Analyst
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Analyst
Location: Bloomington, IN
Salary: Up to $42 hour paid weekly with benefits options
Employment Type: 6-month Contract to Hire
Environment: The position is responsible for supporting the indirect material strategic initiatives and new product/program development projects at the site, working closely with cross functional teams to implement cost savings, support new product launches and mitigate risk to the business. In addition, this role will evaluate and the existing supply base to identify opportunities which deliver cost savings and the highest quality to support the goals and objectives as established by Global Procurement, Site Operations and Key functions.
Job Duties May Include:
The Finance department is responsible for all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, financial audit compliance, budgeting, forecasting, contract adherence, and invoicing. The department s primary function is to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal financial controls. This includes monthly financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement analysis, and updated financial forecasting.
- The Finance department works closely with both internal and external financial auditors to perform tests of internal controls and ensure adherence to company policies and GAAP. These activities are performed on an interim basis throughout the year and again at fiscal year-end.
- The position is responsible for providing financial support for Bloomington, IN location. Responsibilities include financial planning & analysis (FP&A), forecasting, project cost analysis, internal audit support, maintaining accurate financial records and reporting per GAAP , preparing management presentation materials, and other ad-hoc analysis/support.
- Prepares monthly financial forecast and management presentation material
- Reviews customer contracts to determine appropriate Revenue Recognition treatment of projects
- Provides financial support to project management in tracking & projecting cost for projects
- Prepares and supports periodic financial forecasts
- Assists in preparation of annual budget
- Prepares capital authorization requests (CAR) and detailed justification analysis for operational projects
- Monitors and ensures compliance with Capital Authorization Policy & US GAAP
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2-5 years of experience
- Excellent proactive problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement strategies, tactics, negotiation and contracting skills.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task.
- High potential self-starter.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, focused, and able to prioritize work (Determined to improve the overall throughput and financial goals of the organization.
- Previous experience working in pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry is preferred.