Firearm Design Engineer
Rochester, NH US
Salary: Highly Competitive Market Salary
Location: Rochester, NH
Employment Type: Permanent Placement
- Bachelors Degree in manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical engineering required.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering preferred.
- Experience evaluating and troubleshooting manufacturing processes and machinery.
- Proficiency in Solidworks and Microsoft Office.
- Experience using CAD, CAM, data analysis programs, and related software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organization and management skills.
- High level of technical expertise.
- Designing new processes from start to finish including machine selection, fixtures, gages, tooling, control plans, work instructions, tool life studies, and heat treat studies.
- Identifying areas for improvement and cost savings analysis.
- Maintaining high levels of organization and project management to ensure on-time delivery and product quality.
- Determining problem resolutions and implementing improvements.
- Developing detailed layouts and routings for equipment, processes, and workflow.
- Researching and developing new processes, equipment, and products.
- Maintaining research and activity documentation and preparing reports.
- Ensuring manufacturing processes, equipment, and products comply with safety standards and legal regulations.
Keyword: Design engineer, engineering, testing, GD&T, R&D, Mechanical, Design, solidworks, CAD, PLM, Agile, manufacturing,