Food Safety Specialist
Greendale, IN 47025 US
Food Safety Specialist
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Environment: This client is a worldwide leading generic pharmaceutical company and one of the top 15 companies in the industry. With over 45,000 employees in 60 countries worldwide, they are proud to say that our employees are the reason for our success . They believe in empowering employees, presenting them with new challenges and letting them grow and develop professionally. Isn t this the type of company you want to work for?
- Title: Food Safety Specialist
- Location: Greendale, IN
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Shift: Mon-Thur: 4PM - 2:30AM, Friday hours as needed
- Salary: $24
- Employment Type: 3-6 Month Contract to hire
- Responsible for auditing the products and processes at various points in the areas of production and packaging to ensure adherence to company quality standards.
- Communicate any deviations to management.
- Assist the Quality Assurance team with special projects as required.
- Conduct thorough and detailed quality audits of lines to ensure products meet established quality standards.
- Equipment verification including: metal detector, x-ray, scales, etc.
- Audit paperwork of operators to ensure they are meeting quality standards
- Report any deviations to QA Supervisor in complete appropriate details.
- Report any housekeeping issues that need attention.
- Document all areas of non-compliance and insure corrective action to eliminate them.
- Work with Production and Packaging Managers, Supervisors, and hourly associates on daily issues and problems
- Utilize computer to enter and track result data
- Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to FDA and cGMP standards for Quality Control, including continuous training.
- Responsible for ensuring Dietary Supplement s Identity, Purity, Strength and Quality.
- Alternate cover: QA Specialist II.
- Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
- For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English.
- High School Diploma. BS in Food Science or related major is preferred.
- Ability to communicate with all line level positions and management
- Self starter and must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to assert himself / herself effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to develop cross functional and multinational relationships to support interaction with various internal customers.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods)
- Knowledge of GMP and Quality systems
- Knowledge of spoken Spanish is a plus