Title: Operations Manager
Location: Lawrence, KS
Job Type: Direct Hire
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits offered
Industry: Pharma/Med Device
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the site operations. The General Manager will lead the site team; recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers. The General Manager provides resources, communicates values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities. The General Manager is responsible for executing the strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives. The General Manager reports to the Sr. Vice President of Manufacturing.
- Executive: Accomplishes corporate and company objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections. Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices and adherence to the quality and business objectives.
- Manager: Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards, and providing resource needs, as indicated through the site team. Actively supports the quality and business requirements of the EMS and Quality Systems.
- Regulatory: Communicates with customers and prospective customers on product implementation and regulatory notifications related to product quality, including reporting adverse events identified through monitoring of post production experiences. Maintains site registration and compliance requirements with FDA and other relevant agencies.
- QA Approval: Provides back up for QA Approval to Quality Management.
- Validation: Provides oversight of validation requirements; maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-theart practices; participating in professional societies.
- NCR System: Provides oversight of the nonconformance system.
- Product Realization/PIanning: Reviews and approves sales orders from customers to the forecast and ensure that resources are available for product realization.
- Purchasing: Provides oversight for the purchasing process, approving all POs and ensuring that approved vendors are utilized.
- Accounting: Provides oversight for accounting process to ensure that vendors are compensated and customers are invoiced. Accomplishes corporate and company objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- DCR System: Provides direction for the Document Control System to ensure appropriate Quality System needs are met.
- CIMP System: Provides oversight for continuous improvement and participates in Kaizen events and projects.
- HR: Provides oversight of HR for corporate HR department.
- Training: Provides oversight and resources for ensuring competency and supporting continued competency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors in engineering or science related field
3+ years experience in manufacturing operational management
8+ years of leadership, training and coaching experience
10+ years experience with systems and equipment related to Medical Device and/or Pharmaceutical manufacturing including production systems, Quality Systems, and ERP systems. Experience in ISO implementation and execution.
Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching,
Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management.
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.