General Manager Operations
Florence, KY US
General Operations Manager
- Title: General Operations Manager
- Location: Florence, KY and Cincinnati, OH
- Industry: Defense
- Salary: $190,000 and up based on experience
- Schedule: Monday Friday, 8am 5pm
- Employment Type: Direct Placement
This position will fully support the mission which focuses on delivering and sustaining proven solutions for extreme environments. Provides senior level direction, develops, and executes the strategic plan of Cincinnati Ohio and Florence Kentucky operations with full profit and loss responsibility.
- Drives manufacturing excellence to deliver quality, reduce lead times, and ensure cost competitiveness
- Partners and supports internal business areas Direct Sales, Defense Programs, Blade Works, and Commercial & Industrial
- Lean Manufacturing; Machining and/or Welding background
- Drives operational excellence internally and externally
- Deploys employee engagement, employee experience, and employee development programs
- Drives performance in all areas and hold the departments accountable for delivering results Develop and direct the implementation of operating plans practices, policies, and procedures
- Actively support top line improvement initiatives and new product development with internal stakeholders
- Coordinates the product development, production, and quality activities to ensure that products meet customer needs and expectations.
- Performs day-to-day management functions including direction of personnel, budgets, projects, etc.
- Conducts detailed reviews of the new business initiatives, programs, and overall operations on a regular basis to maintain budgets and assure performance obligations.
- Achieves business commitments (e.g., revenue, profit) and scorecard metrics (e.g., OTD, efficiency, utilization)
- Supports, communicates, reinforces, and defends the mission, values, and culture of the organization.
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 10 years of experience, including management experience with profit and loss responsibilities
- Background in lean manufacturing methods, process improvement programs/procedures required
- Machining and/or welding background; automation, government contract management preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead by setting and meeting goals and motivating performance with a positive attitude
- Financial management skills and an ability to work closely with finance professionals in preparing strategic business plans
- A proven track record in managing organizations and people
- Experience forming and leading high performance teams including progression and succession planning
- Possesses quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Exhibits proven leadership skills and possesses a strategic mindset
- Experience dealing with corporate and customer senior management
- An understanding of matrix leadership organizations
- Demonstrates broad domain knowledge in areas relevant to General Management
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; able to communicate effectively with management and personnel at all levels
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)