Health Information Specialist
St. Petersberg, FL US
Title: Medical Information Tech
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Type: Contract with possible perm consideration
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
Salary: Up to $18.50/hr.
- Abstracts and analyzes clinical, financial, and demographic data for all Hospice Admissions, Death and Discharge to support accurate and timely reporting of Hospice Item Set data to CMS.
- Knowledge of and use of multiple EMR and related applications including Solutions, Cognify (PACE EMR), OnBase and others that may be acquired.
- Knowledge of and use of web-based portals to order and retrieve external medical records
- Knowledge and use of multiple applications to manipulate documents electronically for signatures and upload clinical documentations.
- Prepares, scans, verifies, and indexes paper documents into document management applications including OnBase, and PrimeSuite using intermediate to advanced level skills. Ensures timely and accurate document management using intermediate to advanced skills to include adding documents to existing batches and auditing scanned documents to avoid duplication of scanned documents in the medical record.
- Assures time-sensitive documents are processed the day of receipt (includes Advance Directives, physician orders and regulatory documents.) Follows up on unsigned documents in a timely and consistent manner.
- Collaborates with HIM Supervisor as necessary to clarify and verify information or report compliance, equipment, and supply needs.
- Demonstrates the highest level of HIPAA compliance to ensure the privacy, confidentiality, and security of all patient records, at all times
- Request Records from community Providers
- Prepare and process Physician Orders along with documenting comments in Solutions.
- College graduate, AHIMA certification, or AS Degree preferred HS Diploma required
- Minimum of 1-year related health information experience or credential
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer skills with experience working with Outlook and MS Office Suite; experience in electronic health record systems as a user or HIT is required
- Able to organize work priorities and meet specific objectives under time constraints
- Must have the ability to speak clearly and have patience and compassion when answering calls (patients, family members, etc.)
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.