Human Resources Specialist
Twinsburg, OH US
Human Resources Specialist
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Employment Type: 6-Month Project with potential extension
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field highly desired
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience and/or training,
- Must possess familiarity with technology management and ability to run and analyze HR reports and data.
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of HRIS systems highly preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong relationship management including teamwork, credibility, customer service, community relations, and interpersonal skills working across the organization with various levels of individuals
- Prefer PHR/SPHR certification and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR requirements.
- Support the HRM to provide guidance to leaders on individual and team performance management such as coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions; may also include employee relations issues;
- Supports employee engagement and maintains positive employee relations by initiating actions and/or processes that improve overall communication, problem resolution and teamwork;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports the full cycle staffing development process from on-boarding to exit interviews with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Support the HRM to implement talent management activities including people reviews and performance management;
- Performs data entry in time keeping system, databases, and HRIS; performs reporting as requested
- Supports talent acquisition efforts, partnering with leaders on talent acquisition plans and sources. Recruits, screens, interviews and recommends internal and external applicants providing the appropriate mix of skills, talent, and diversity;
- Acts as project manager and participates in HR and BU special projects, including continuous improvement initiatives;
- Support the HRM in maintaining knowledge of HR legal requirements and HR best practices to ensure that policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance;
- Provides HR policy, program, and procedure guidance and interpretation;
- Support the HRM in administration of compensation strategy and planning including annual merit adjustments and bonus process. Proposes salary recommendations for new hires and promotions;
- Coordinates communications strategies and tactics including internal communications, graphic design, printed employment advertising, and special events;
- Physical Demands: May require long periods of sitting, lifting <20lbs, and prolonged repetitive use of upper extremities
- Work Environment: Office Environment
Keyword Search string: Administrative Assistant, Reporting Specialist, Office Manager, HR Generalist, Human Resources Coordinator, HRBP, Human Resources Management, HR Coordination,