Hydraulics Aircraft Mechanic
Houston, TX US
Hydraulics Aircraft Mechanic
Location: Houston, TX
Industry: Department of Defense
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- FAA A&P Certificate Desired
- 5+ years of aircraft maintenance experience with fixed wing commercial, Government or DOD aircraft required.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a hydraulics technician (teardown, build-up & testing hydraulic systems component in a back shop environment).
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a hydraulics technician working scheduled, unscheduled, and troubleshooting hydraulic malfunctions.
Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to differentiate tubing material requirements, outer diameter wall thickness requirements. Must be able to fabricate tubing assemblies from blueprints or samples provided by customer.
Physical Requirements: Climbs on top of and down from aircraft using aircraft hand/foot holds, capable of lifting to 25 lbs. overhead, on feet all day, walk up to 2 miles per day.
- Provides Identifies and isolates malfunctions, services bleeds, bench checks, rigs, and performs adjustments to aircraft hydraulic components, associated electrical components, power systems, landing gear, nose wheel steering, brakes, flight controls, engine start systems, recovery systems, air induction systems, and canopy systems. Inspects and pressure tests hydraulic hose and tube assemblies.
- Drains and flushes hydraulic systems.
- Overhauls, repairs, adjusts, aligns, and tests hydraulic system and sub-system components.
- Fabricates and bench checks hose assemblies.
- Operates and maintains shop equipment.
- Uses hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical/electronic principles and fundamentals, technical orders, and schematic diagrams to isolate malfunctions.
- Handles, labels, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste according to federal, state and local environmental standards.
- Perform maintenance on aircraft, including mechanical systems, and/or ground support equipment.
- Repair, inspect and maintain structural, mechanical and electrical elements of the aircraft.
- Knowledgeable in the use of, and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
- Provide oversight and have the ability to direct and train others in the completion of aircraft related maintenance tasks.
- May include Designated System Inspector (DSI) duties.
- Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs.
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Maintain tool control. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Use NASA s automated maintenance data system (NAMIS) to maintain equipment records. Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- The Aircraft Mechanic Hydraulics may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Keyword search string: Aircraft, Maintenance, AP Mechanic, Airframe and Power Plant, Clearance, DoD, Electrical, Aerospace, Engineer, Team Lead, Technician, A&P, Airframe and Powerplant, Hydraulics, Aerospace Technician, Aviation Mechanic, Aerospace
SRG Government Services is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.