ISP Field Engineer
Remote, VA 20171 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
ISP Field Engineer
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Salary: $100-$125k + STI
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: Active TS/SCI Required
Location: Remote from certain areas; must reside within two hours from one of the following locations
San Diego, CA
Yuba City, CA
San Antonio, TX
St. Louis, MO / IL
- Associate degree and 5 years experience or bachelor degree and 2 years experience preferred. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Minimum 50% travel will be required.
- ISP installation experience is required. Experience troubleshooting ISP telecommunication systems is required.
- Experience with installation and testing of new and active WAN/LAN circuits is required.
- Experience using Optical Power Meter and test equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of AC/DC Power and Grounding is preferred.
- Experience using amp and volt meter.
- Analyze and operate Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR).
- BICSI certifications desired.
- Experience with documentation review and redlining
- Experience with material movement and asset management
- Working knowledge of standard security operations and procedures.
- Must be a US Citizen due to Clearance requirements.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- The responsibilities of this position will continue to grow as additional portions of the network are accredited and achieve operational status.
- Work closely with the program Field Engineering team to implement and sustain operational network requirements.
- Provide estimates for Installation Ready Materials (IRM) and creation of project BoM.
- Assist with development of project schedules.
- Provide functional guidance, supervision, training, and quality assurance as required for less qualified Field Engineers.
- Provide remote troubleshooting support during test & turn up phases of new installations as well as operational circuits.
- Perform site surveys to assist in development of Engineering Design Packages (EDP).
- Review and modify EDPs to ensure accuracy.
- Analyze and resolve onsite field installation discrepancies.
- Coordinate with installation subcontractors as required.
- Prepare and plan for future jobs as needed; review of proper tool set, IRM, and equipment list required to complete projects on schedule and within budget.
- Engage with the customer to facilitate new project implementation and network upgrades.
- Work closely with Field Operations Personnel (FOPS) to ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer requests for information related to equipment maintained and monitored by company.
- Other responsibilities deemed necessary by management and/or customer.
Keywork Searchstring: ISP Engineer, Telecommunications Technician, OSP, Inside Plant, Outside Plant, BICSI, Building Industry Construction Service International, Operations Technician, Ops Tech, Field Operations Personnel, FOPS,