IT Systems Administrator
Egg Harbor, NJ US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
IT Systems Administrator
Industry: Department of Defense
Location: Egg Harbor, NJ (Hybrid Remote)
Employment Type: Contract to Perm
- Bachelor s degree in IT or related field and 3 years of IT experience, or 8 years of IT experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience managing Linux servers
- Experience managing storage solutions,
- Experience configuring storage for Virtual Machines,
- Experience with RedHat Linux 6 and up.
- Desired experience with DevOps tools, processes and procedures, e.g., Ansible, Terraform.
- Experience with VMware virtual deployments of Linux OS.
- Experience performing physical to virtual (P2V) migrations for servers.
- Basic experience with Powershell Scripting and PowerCLI.
- Basic experience with Cisco routers, switches and VLAN architecture.
- Experience tracking and resolving incidents via ticket queue.
- Desired experience with one of the following: Nutanix, Avamar, or Isilon environments
- Ability to adhere to maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Desired experience using Tanium
- Desired experience using a Helpdesk system such as BMC Remedy or ServiceNow
- Ability to multi-task, good written and verbal communication, and self-motivated to take ownership of projects
- In this role, you will be responsible for administering Linux system as well as storage solutions supporting DevOps projects.
- Administer, operate, and maintain specified functions in the enterprise data center.
- Perform infrastructure upgrades and improve physical and virtual servers.
- Assist with capacity analysis and planning.
- Perform Linux server administrator functions
- Perform storage system administrator and hardware maintenance functions
- Support weekend maintenance windows on an as needed
- Participate in the development of system designs, implementation tasks, and maintenance of systems.
- Update server documentation, configuration, and related processes as needed.
- Perform server troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common hardware and operating system issues.
- Provide Tier III support for data centers.
- Perform emergency break/fix repairs.
Keyword search string: Tier III Technician, Helpdesk, Storage Administrator, IT Administration,
SRG Government Services is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.