IT Virtualization Manager
Honolulu, HI US
Location: Honolulu, HI (relocation offered)
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Salary: $130k - $140k/yr.
Clearance: Active Secret - ability to obtain Top Secret
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, preferred.
- Must meet at least one baseline certification under the IAT III position category per DoD 8570.01-M.
- CISSP, CASP, CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED, or GCIH
- Must have a VMware Certified Professional; or a MCSA: Windows Server 2012 computing environment certification.
- Must be able to complete the Government s current Vulnerability Management System (VMS) Computer Based Training (CBT) within 4 weeks of work start.
- Extensive knowledge and minimum 2 years of experience in enterprise level virtualization infrastructure, including VMWare, storage, fiber channel/iSCSI, clustering and high availability.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Windows, and data communications and network skills in complex virtual server environments that leverage large storage area networks, enterprise backup systems, and virtualization technologies/systems.
- Experience to continuously monitor, optimize, and improve the services of an enterprise virtualization infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network architecture and implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the associated IA principles and framework applied to ensure information assurance and security of those services.
- Enterprise System administration experience on Microsoft Windows platform and, an understanding of a wide array of server grade applications to include Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Windows DNS, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, SAN/NAS, SCCM/SCOM, Patch Management, and LDAP
- Data Center (DC) Operations: Support the customer's mission to consolidate Theater Enterprise Services at the DCs. This enterprise initiative establishes four (with the possibility of reduction to two) DCs at key locations within USARPAC to provide such support as consolidated applications for users across the theater, data warehousing, remote end-user IT services, and disaster recovery. All servers that provide an enterprise function will be consolidated at DCs or the installation level (bandwidth dependent) and placed in a server protected by an enterprise firewall.
- Manage capacity and performance
- Control access and manage user accounts, passwords, and virtual local area networks (VLAN).
- Perform daily backups, implement system upgrades, and provide CM on all APC system and network devices.
- Manage and monitor trouble tickets daily.
- Maintain and expand the cluster management and SAN technologies implemented in the DC to meet the evolving missions and requirements for DODIN-A PACIFIC.