Voluntown, CT US
- Title: Incubation Technician
- Location: Voluntown, CT
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday 7am- 3:30pm.
- Salary: $17 an hour for training and then $221.04 daily after training complete
- Salary: 55-57K
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Full Benefits included
Provide customers with quality incubated eggs through the setting, monitoring, candling and packing processes. Complete associated paperwork and perform housekeeping duties.
- Set eggs according to customer or management specifications.
- Record appropriate information on order sheet (e.g. date, flock number, quantity)
- Prepare incubation tags for each order.
- Monitor temperature and humidity levels of each machine twice daily.
- Candle eggs and pack incubated eggs orders according to customer specification.
- Select out appropriate eggs for breeder stock.
- Set eggs for flock replacement and bird sales as required.
- Complete and distribute all required incubation paperwork.
- Input all incubation data into appropriate spreadsheets.
- Clean incubators and associated equipment with appropriate solutions; perform weekly fumigation, maintaining biosecurity
- Perform environmental sampling of incubators and complete associated paperwork.
- Assist with egg processing/packing as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Regularly wears protective clothing (lab coats, safety glasses and gloves).
- May work near live animals with risk of exposure to allergens and/or zoonotic disease(s).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to sanitation chemicals and odors.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must frequently lift/move flats of eggs weighing up to 30 pounds and regularly lift/move cases of eggs weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Must constantly position self to access and inspect eggs and be able to assess their condition from various distances within the incubation area.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Regularly provides information to and receives information from/through various technologies, media, sources and contacts. Must be able to accurately exchange accurate information in these situations.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) preferred.
- 2 years work experience, preferably in a processing or poultry farm environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.